Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Running

So earlier in the year I started running.  I was always one of those people that said, "Running is not for me." I decided that 2012 was going to be a year of change for me.  So I read the Bible in 90 days and on 3/31 I ran my first 2 mile run.  I ran at the Paws and Claws event at Withrow Springs.  I ran 2 miles in 23 minutes.  Which if you know anything about running that is really pretty dog gone slow!  But hey I did it.  So my next run was in Harrison.  It was a 5k which calculates out to be 3.2 miles.  I ran for Housing for the Orphans and I ran that in 37.05.  Which again is pretty dog gone slow!  Two weeks ago I ran at the Sugar Plum race in Springdale.  It was another 5k and I ran it in 32.43 minutes.  It was all pretty level and I had a 5 minute improvement in my time.  On Sunday I ran the Fayettevile 5k.  If you know anything about this 5k you know that it is hilly.  I was concerned that my time wouldn't be as good this go around since there were so many hills.  I was rather pleased with my results.  I ran it in 32.44.  One second difference than the weekend before.   So I'm running about an 11 minute mile on average which for "runners" that still pretty slow but I'm improving.  The last 2 events I've come in #6 in my age group so overall I'm pleased with my progress.  I'm not telling you about my running as an attempt to brag but to encourage all those people out there that have always said the same thing I did "running is not for me".   Get out and get moving.  You don't know what you can or can't do until you get out and give it a try.  

Here are a few pictures that you can chuck at.  I look like a fat cow!  No matter.. I'm moving and you can too!

This was the last 20 feet or so of the 5k.

No comments:

Post a Comment