Saturday, April 24, 2010

Prayer

You know I don't consider myself to have a good prayer life. I do however try throughout the day to have conversations with the Lord. I'm trying to be better at praying more intently and focusing more on renewing my prayer life. I know this and studying the word is how I gain strengthen, knowedge and fellowship with the Lord.

The next few things I'm going to tell you about my prayer life are not an attempt to brag about the way I pray or how I pray. Because I know I fail to pray to the extent that I should. I do however want to share these things with you to open up your mind regarding things you might pray for that you overlook. I'm also in hopes that some folks will follow up and encourage me with comments to this posts on things they pray about and how they focus on having time to pray.

As many of you know I spend about 40 minutes each morning on my commute to work and then another 40 minutes returning home. This is generally the quiet time I have to spend and focus on the Lord. In the mornings I listen to Focus on the family. It's such an encouragement for my drive in. The last 15 minutes of my drive I try to spend in conversation with the Lord. Here are a few things the Lord encourages me to pray about on my drive.

  • I pass two liquor stores each morning and evening. I pray for the owners of those stores and I pray for the people purchasing alcohol. I pray that they will no longer have a desire to drink and that they will turn to the Lord instead of turning to alcohol.
  • There are 3 specific cars I meet on a regular basis. I call these my car buddies when I pray for them. I may never meet these 3 gentlement and they may never know that I pray for them each day. Regardless the Lord has called me to pray for these gentlemen so I do.
  • I pass through a community with several elderly people. I pray for the community and the elderly in that community.
  • Of course I also pray for my family and the situations we face and turn those issues over to the Lord.
  • I also pray for my co-workers at JBHunt and at the Valley.

Again I don't tell you these things braggingly cause I fail to pray as I should and I know where my failures are. However I want each of you to think outside the box when you pray. Do you have complete strangers you pray for? Do you have communities you pray for? Has the Lord given you a specific cause to pray about? If so share them with me. I'd love to hear about your prayer life and the things God has placed on your heart to pray about. We get so tied up in praying for me and my 4 and no more as the old saying goes that I think we forget about the millions that are lost and dieing that don't know the Lord. It's our job to be a light to them not only in deed but also in prayer.

Blessings to you.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for giving me the updated link to your blog! Yep, after a year of silence we are up and blogging again,And adopting again! Are you on Facebook? If so look me up.

    ReplyDelete