Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Can you say Vacation!

Well sort of anyway..

We're packing up and heading to Tulsa so Alex can go Vietnam Camp. Our agency hosts a heritage camp each year. Last year was our first year to attend both kids heritage camps. We feel like it's important that the kids learn about their heritage and also just as important for them to be around other adopted kids. Tomorrow we start off at the Tulsa Zoo and then camp begins Friday. Looking forward to spending some time just relaxing around the pool also.

So last Saturday spent time cleaning out my closet. I asked Joe to help me haul the stuff out to the car. Alex noticed Joseph caring clothes outside so he asked him what he was doing. Joseph told Alex he was moving out. So Alex proceeded to come find me to ask me if Joseph was moving out. Of course I figured out that Joe was just giving him a hard time so I said yep he's moving out. Alex looked at me very intently and said.. but, but, but is he taking the XBox? Yep was worried about that xbox! I just cracked up. I eventually told him Joe was just kidding. So Sunday I was in the laundry room and Alex came in very serious again and says.. Did Joe move out? I said Alex you know Joe was just kidding that he wasn't moving out. He looked at me and said "But the XBox is gone!" I had to inform him that Joe had taken it to Jake's but that he had not moved out. Joe said he knows now where he ranks!

Addie started gymnastics last night. I think she did really well. I'm anxious to see how she improves and if she enjoys it. Alex wanted to know why Addie got to do something and he didn't.. How quickly he forgets that we've been playing t-ball for almost 3 months now! T-ball is almost over so we may sign him up for Karate or something. I'm not trying to be stereo typical or anything but I really think he'd be good at Karate.

So off we head to Tulsa. Last year someone felt the need/desire to let themselves into our home where they felt the privilege to rummage thru Ashton bedroom and thru Johnnys stuff plus left empty bear cans in our home. We feel like we know who it was and if it happens again I will not refrain from pressing charges. That is breaking and entering and so much not respectful! That person knows darn well we don't allow that type of behavior in our house. Joseph should be at home and on guard this time around!

Have a blessed week.
Tina

1 comment:

  1. Wishing we were there with you guys. Samuel keeps asking when we are going to see Alex. Hopefully soon.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete