Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ears pierced

I'll have to post pictures of Miss Addie's ears. This weekend I was checking FB and noticed that Addie's friend Charlotte had her ears pierced. I showed Addie and then she wanted to talk to Charlotte on the phone. After we hung up she proceeded over an over to tell me she wanted her ears pierced also. She has asked for a while and I've been putting it off but I thought since it was a 3 day weekend that it was probably a good time to have it done so we could watch them and doctor them. We headed over to the mall and had them pierced in no time. She sat very still and quiet and never let on a peep. She was such a big girl and said it only pinched a little. She's done well with them and they don't seem to be bothering her any.

After that we went to La Huerta and ate lunch and then headed to have our manicures and pedicures. I enjoyed this much more than Addie did. I've never had a manicure and I was tickled to get to have one done.

We're getting ready to go on a trip next week to Tulsa so tonight I went and had a spray on tan done. So far it looks pretty good. I don't see any streaks or anything odd. May be a different story when I get in better light! Anyway I didn't have time to tan and really didn't want to be the big "white" woman standing out in the pool. We'll be seeing several families who've adopted from Vietnam next week so believe me my "whiteness" would have shown bright and clear at the pool.

I'm working late tonight. One of my co-workers is out on vacation and I'm on call so I got the job of restarting some of his applications. Waiting for another co-worker to finish his part so I can do my part and head home. Alex had a ball game tonight so I had to miss his game for work. I hate that part of my job. Pray for me that my job won't interfere with my time with my family.

Have a blessed week.
Tina

1 comment:

  1. Oh so gonna be missing you guys. Take lots of pics and keep me posted.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete