Thursday, September 15, 2011

Loss, Changes and Misc things

A year ago in June we lost Johnny's dad and then Sunday before last we lost Johnny's Aunt Fern who has been like a mother to him. Over the last 3 years Johnny and his brothers and their families have cared for James and Fern in their home. Johnny's dad and his Aunt Fern were the glue that held Johnny's family together. Not just Johnny and his siblings but his cousins, aunts and uncles and extended family. The home stead has been the go to place for family gathers for as long as I've been in the family which is now just a little over 25 years.

This weekend we will be dismantling the home stead. It makes me sad to have to do this and it makes me sad that they are gone. Johnny and I inherited the home a year ago last June when his dad passed away and we have plans to sell our home and to move into James and Ferns home. I've told the family that everyone is always welcome but as with everything all things change, people change and lives change. I hope everyone understands the situation Johnny and I are in and I hope everyone understands that we will need to make the house our "home" now. I ask for you continued prayers as we move forward in making this our new home. I ask that you pray that Johnny and I will be kind, considerate and thoughtful to others needs and desires when making decisions about the house and about the changes that are going to be made. I ask you to also pray for the other family members that they will also be kind, considerate and thoughtful in the decision that Johnny and I need to make. This is not an easy task and not a task that we asked for however it's something we need to move forward with.

Alex and Addie are doing well in school. Both appear to be excelling in their classes. They seem to be growing leaps and bounds before my eyes. It won't be long until I won't be able to call them "my littles" much longer.

Joe and Ashton are expecting their second child in April. Bentley is now walking and Jaylynn is starting to really show her personality and showing signs of being ready to start getting into everything so she can keep up with Bentley! Next Christmas should be a fun one at the Cornelison househould.

I hope you each have a great week. Don't forget to make it count for the Lord..
Tina

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry but understand. We have recently been dismantling my grandmothers house and it is rough. I too had the chance to get her house but we chose not because of family issues. You guys are in my prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete