Thursday, April 23, 2009

Planting??

Been so busy lately. Seems like times just flying by before my eyes. The weather the last few days has warmed up and it's been so nice. Wouldn't you know it just in time for me to go on call. It's beautiful outside today. We went out at lunch and it was so hard to come back into the building today! Last week we were finally able to get the rest of the limbs in our yard cleaned up and Johnny got the yard partially mowed on Monday so hopefully this weekend on call will go well and we'll be able to work on the flower beds and get the yard in a somewhat presentable state. The last three years the yard has really took a toll since bringing home Addie and then Alex I've really let my flower beds and the yard in general go! Not to mention Johnny's chickens really did a big number on many of my chrubs and flower beds. Now with them in their own pen I can focus on cleaning it up. Now those of you that know me "know" that I'm not a neat freak or a person that is too terribly concerned out my yard. However there gets a point when you have to say enough is enough and do some major work. I'm thinking about purchasing some different types of decorative grass and placing them in my beds. We get so many leaves and limbs in the beds that it makes it difficult to actually plant flowers and the ground quality is really lacking also. I saw a gardening program the other day were they'd done this and I thought it looked great. Now if I can just get motivated! Any volunteers?
Here are a few examples..



No comments:

Post a Comment