Thursday, October 1, 2009

2 Years Ago

Two years ago today a little boy by the name of Nhat Hung Nyguen took my hand and walked away from the only home he had ever known! He was such a little man. He didn't cry or wimper and really didn't look back. He just took my hand and walked away from the orphanage and forever became our Alex Scott. We love him so dearly and have been so blessed to have been chosen to be his parents. I don't want to over look the opportunity to let everyone know how blessed we as parents are. Many people tell us how blessed our children are. But I have to say I think Johnny and I and are families are truly the ones that are blessed to have been chosen by God to raise these two wonderful children.

Alex has been such a joy to our family. Just this morning he crawled into bed with us and snuggled up tight and looked up at me and said "I love you too!" and in reply I said I love you to my little man.

Here's a picture of us leaving the orphanage. You can tell he's concerned but what a big boy.

and here's our little man today. What a beautiful smile!


Be Blessed and be a blessing!

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Tina.
    Sunday will be 1 year with Shanna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina
    This is wonderful! Thank you for sharing! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, has it been that long! I know it has, but still it seems to have flown by. We too are glad that Alex is home with his forever family. Hope the business is going great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We agree - Alex is a special one! We only spent a few hours with him over a few days in Vietnam, but still remember what a joy he was to everyone around him. My husband still remarks about how cute he was and how much fun he had playing with him. It's wonderful to see how his smile has gotten even brighter in the care of his forever family. Happy Gotcha Day!

    ReplyDelete