Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Another Great Blog

Check this out
http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/2010/03/we-didnt-get-memo.html

I'd visited this blog once before but had forgotten about it. I ran across it again one day this week and went oh yeah I really liked that blog. So I'm passing the link on to you all. I hope you enjoy it also. "We didn't get the Memo" is a really great reminder of how out of priority "we" as a culture have become. We spend more time worrying about time off, what can we do for self, and general day to day things "we deem" necessary that other cultures and people deem as luxuries. Recently I've run across several families that are giving so much of themselves unselfishly and it just amazes me and reminds me of the fact that God has not just called them to give of themselves unselfishly but He calls each of us to do just that. To put Him and His calling for our lives first and to put self second. I ask each of you to read Linny's post and ask yourself. Are you doing everything God has called you to do? Is there something in the back of your mind that you've thought about from time to time and you've never acted on it. Is it time to act? Is it time to step out on faith? Is it time to pray about it and see what God has to say? Yeah it's easier to push it to the back of your mind and try to forget it for now. But one of these days you will have to answer to God why you never answered that call. You're call may be different from Linny's. Your call may be different than mine. But God has called each of us to do His will and His purpose. Seek Him! He will lead you and guide you and He will never forsake you. I'm looking for the next chapter in our lives. The chapter God has clearly defined and planned out according to His will and His purpose. I'm looking forward to it with anticipation. The last two times we answered that call I was blessed beyond measure with two beautiful children I now get the privilege to call my son and daughter. I can't imagine what would have happend if I'd pushed that small idea to the back of my mind and never heeded that call. If you've ever met my children.. Can you imagine my family without them?? Deep thought, deep subject. God asks us to delv deep! But He doesn't ask us to do it alone!

Blessings to you,

Tina

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the good word Tina. I'm hoping to get the family out to ya'lls restaurant one of these weekends.

    ReplyDelete