Monday, August 31, 2009

Broken Bones

Well Alex has his first offical broken bone. Last night I went downstairs to get their clothes for today. When I came back upstairs he was laying on the couch with tears in his eyes. I asked what was wrong and Joe responded that they'd been playing bucking bull and Alex had run to jump on his back and missed and hit the floor. Joe thought he hit his back but apparently he landed on his shoulder and broke his collar bone. It happened a little after 9 last night and he didn't act like he was in too much pain and I really wasn't sure it was broken so we waited until this morning to see if it was still bothering him. Yep it was so off to the doctor we headed. It was a clean break and went all the way thru. They wrapped him up and sent us home. Said it should heal in 3-4 weeks. The first x-ray they took wasn't strong enough so you can barely see any bones. So the x-ray technician gave it to Alex. He thought it was cool. Hopefully he'll heal quickly and be back to his normal self again in a few days.

Other than the broken collar bone both kids are doing well. Both kids really like to sing lately. They also like to color and cut things with scissors. I really have to watch what I leave out on the counter because I've had a few things destroyed! Joseph started college last week. He said he is not liking it. Hopefully that'll get better. Jonaton is getting ready to go to school in September to become a part time deputy. He's really looking forward to that. We still have no news to share with you guys on our front but hopefully we'll hear something tomorrow.

I hope each of you have a great week.

Blessings,
Tina

1 comment:

  1. My two older girls will cut and glue anything they get their hands on. Amber now has a facsination with make cards for people. She's very crafty I suppose.

    ReplyDelete