Thursday, August 20, 2009

Long Time no post

Last week I took some vacation days and including the weekend had 5 days off! Boy was it nice. I worked really hard while off but got so much accomplished. Joseph and I worked on our front and back decks. He and my brother replaced several boards and I sprayed the decks and cleaned them. We then cut several hanging limbs out of trees left over from this winters storm and cleaned them up out of the yard. Whew! Then on Sunday Melissa and Susanna came to visit us. Susanna is Addie's friend that we traveled home from China with. They stayed the night Sunday and we took the kids to Chuck-E-Cheese on Monday and then ate Chinese food. The time with them was short but we enjoyed it greatly. The are from the LR area so coming to our house is a big environmental change for them. They get to see our chickens and horses and dogs. The kids wanted to go swimming and Melissa said she didn't bring Susanna a swim suit. I told her that was ok they could swim in their underwear! After all we do that most weekends at Grandpas. The joy of living where we do. No one thinks twice about seeing kids swimming in their underwear. I just really enjoy living in the country.
This morning Johnny and I were laying in bed. It was time to get up and here comes the thumping of feet in the bedroom. Before you know it we have both kids in bed with us. We both just layed there with the kids a while and soaked in the goodness of God and thought about how blessed we are. Sit back and enjoy the small things. Those are the little things you'll remember most one of these days when your kiddos are grown and out of your home. Yes I can give this advise..My oldest is 23!
I have a special prayer request. Johnny and I have an opportunity to make some big life changes. I won't go into details but this is something that will definitely have an impact on our family. I ask that you pray for us that we will listen to Gods calling in our lives. It's so easy to decide on what I want to do or what Johnny wants to do but I want to ensure this is what God has planned for us so I ask that you uplift this request in prayer. We're hopefully we'll have some details to share over the next few days but we don't want to share to quickly and be out of God's will.

1 comment:

  1. Will be praying. Hope all will be easy to sort thru and God's voice heard clearly. Hey, may have a chance to go back to VN in a couple of weeks. Pray it goes thru. I will be helping in an orphanage.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete