Thursday, June 11, 2009

Busy week

Boy how the week has flown by. Monday started out fairly normally with not much to do then things started changing quickly. Tuesday afternoon Miss Addie came down with a 104 fever at 4 in the afternoon. Johnny took her to the doctor and he didn't find anything other than a runny nose and he thought she might possibly have something on one ear but wasn't sure. Gave her antibiotics and she came home. By the time she got home she was back to her normal self and doing well. Wednesday morning she got up feeling well but by noon preschool was calling saying her fever was 102. I brought her home and again she went back to her normal playful self. Then by evening she was running a fever again. It soon went away and she hasn't had any more issues. Praise God she's feeling better.
I'm on call this week. So I've been dealing with on call issues each day. Well Tuesday night I basically had little to no sleep. I got paged twice to work on issues then my boss called me at 1:40 AM letting me know that lightning struck next to our Dual Data Center and the electrical backup failed to kick on so the hardware in that entire building was off line. So off to work I headed to help recover about 400 systems. I finished up my part around 8:30 AM and then came home and slept for about 5 hrs. Talk about a bad on call!
To top that off the Kirby salesman came by Tuesday evening. I thought oh boy a free carpet cleaning. You know with 6 people and 2 dogs in the house I can always use a free carpet cleaning! Well... Yep I'm the proud new owner of a Kirby! I've been looking at vacuums lately and my steam cleaner recently went out on me so when it was all said and done we decided to go ahead and break down and get it. The living room looks great by the way.
If that doesn't sound busy enough we had 12 baby guineas born this week also. I guess 2 dogs, 2 horses and 23 chickens weren't enough to care for. Johnny decided to incubate guineas. We've had guineas before and enjoyed them. As long as Johnny is able to keep them in the chicken pen I don't really mind. But if they start getting into my flower beds I'm going to have a fit. I've really been working hard on planting flowers and trying to make the yard look presentable and chickens and guineas just scratch and dig way to much to have a nice yard. So here's hoping the guineas behave themselves when they get older. It's a good learning experience for Addie and Alex. They like watching them hatch and getting to hold them.
Tomorrow we're heading to Tulsa to meet up with Alex's travel buddy Binhson and his good friend Samuel. We'll also see several other Dillon friends that we've never got to meet before. Our agency (Dillon International) is holding a Vietnam Heritage weekend for the kids and I'm really looking forward to the weekend.
Oh one last thing. I'm officially old.. Yep you heard it.. I went to a dermatologist on Saturday for a spot on my leg. He looked at it and told me it was an old age spot and froze it off. So yep I'm officially old. Not to mention the Kirby salesman asked me if Addie was our granddaughter. What's the saying? You're only as old as you feel. Hmm after 24hrs of no sleep I kinda feel old right now.. LOL
Well enough rambling. Just hadn't posted anything all week and thought I'd post an update.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend filled with many blessings..I'm planning on it.
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment