Thursday, June 18, 2009

Two Big Kids

This week Alex mentioned several times that he was going to sleep in his own room. So last night I put Addie to bed and hollered at him to come get in bed. He hesitated because he was playing with Joe. I told him he was either going to bed in his room or going to bed in our room so he went ahead and climbed in his own bed and went to sleep and stayed there all night. Last week he tried it one night and stayed for about 15-20 minutes before beating a path back to our room. So this morning I made sure I bragged on him and Addie both for being such big kids and sleeping in their own room. I'm hopeful it's just a matter of days before we can move the twin bed out of our room and into their room. I talked about moving it once before and Alex assured me it was way to heavy to move!
Addie is truly a girlie-girl. She likes to have her hair done, she like her nails painted and she likes to primp. She doesn't really like to wrestle or play ruff and really prefers just to snuggle in the evenings. Alex on the other hand is all boy. He likes to wrestle, be loud and play video games with Joe. They both like to sing and often compete to sing alone. The other day Alex came home singing "I want to throw up... and praise my Lord". Well I think he forgot the part "my hands". He was raising his hands but only saying I want to throw up and praise my Lord... too funny. I asked Addie if he was singing the song correctly and she said no but wouldn't sing it for me so I'd know how it went to correct him. Last weekend on the drive back from Tulsa they sang the song I shall not be moved over and over. It's funny how much music they pick up from church and from day care.
Well have a great week.Thanks,Tina

1 comment: