Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy Gotcha Day Addie

Tomorrow will mark the 3 year anniversary of the day Addie was placed in my arms. Wow has it been 3 years already?

It all seemed so surreal at the time. I really don't think I let myself believe that she was our daughter until we were in the U.S. with her. She was so cute and such a sweet baby. The first day we had her we decided to go out for a walk and see Nanchang. So off we went. TinaH and I walking and Addie in the stroller. We stopped to talk to another family along our way and as we turned to walk on I thought I'd check on Addie. There she sat hands clutched to the stroller setting straight up fast asleep. Bless her heart I had to pry her hands off the stroller. That scared little girl quickly became a shining spot in our lives. She has a deep down belly laugh that just makes you smile. We are so blessed that God saw us all the way across the world from Addie and picked us to be her parents! Yes God picked us to be her parents and we are truly blessed. As we've adopted many people will say how blessed our children are. I always think about how blessed we have been to be chosen to be their parents.

This morning as I was combing Alex's hair he said mommy you know what? I said what Alex and he said I haven' t had kisses yet today. Too sweet! Of course he got hugs and kisses. Every morning as I head out the door he says hurry mommy, hurry and come home from work, hurry.

This evening their preschool will be holding a graduation for the kids going to Kindergarten next year. Alex and Addie get to join in on the activities. They've been learning a song that names each state in the U.S. I've been very impressed and can't wait to see what other songs/surprises are in store.

Here are some before and after pictures.

Before May 23rd 2006


What a smile now!

Before on September 30, 2007

And again what a smile!

We're blessed beyond measure.

Tina

1 comment:

  1. wow...doesn't seem like 3 years at all! Congrats to the family!!

    ReplyDelete