Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Informational Meeting

As many of you know I can't go a day without using the word adoption or speaking about how much adoption has touched our family. If you followed our adoptions to Addie and Alex you know very well how much we felt like we were called to adopt. I've been asked many times "are you going to adopt again?" and my response lately is I just don't know. I don't know what God has planned for our family. If He calls us to adopt again I will listen intently with open ears. With all that said I do however feel a need and a desire to be a voice for orphans.

I know many of you have not been called to adopt nor feel the need to adoptbut the Word says..

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to lookafter orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from beingpolluted by the world. (James 1:27) So while you may not be called to adopt you can still help spread the wordabout adoption.

Our agency Dillon International will be hosting an 'ABC's Informational Meeting on adoption. The meeting will be held on May 29th at the Jones Center in room 113. The meeting will start at 6 PM. I ask that each of you spread word about this meeting to your church members and friends. You never know who's lives you might touch by sharing this information. I am so glad we opened our hearts and minds to the possibility of "adoption". Oh the joy we would have missed if we wouldn't have answered that call. For those of you that are Christians just imagine the gift of "adoption" Christ extended to each of you and where you would be if He had chose not to.

Want a Blessing? Be a blessing to someone else!
Thanks,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment