Wednesday, May 27, 2009

odd day

Have you ever had one of those odd days where you just feel like you should be somewhere else doing something else but you don't know where it is or what it is your suppose to be doing..? Well today is one of those days for me. I really don't feel like I should be at work today but I really don't know where I was suppose to be if it wasn't at work. odd yes I know but I just keep having this odd feeling something is different about today.

Some of you may be wondering how the graduation dinner went. Well we got up early and scrambled around the house all morning trying to ensure I packed everything we needed to cook and server food with. We got down at the river around 12:15 and started the grill around 1:15. My sister-in law and I cooked until 4:45. Guests were suppose to come at 5. But at 4:45 the rain started and there didn't appear to be an end in site. Guests started coming to our surprise and sat in their cars waiting for the rain to clear. A few minutes after 5 we decided to recoop and figure out a backup plan. Yeah you'd thought we'd already had one of those wouldn't ya! Deb suggested that the barn up the road was mostly empty and we could move up there. So with the help of several people that jumped out of their dry cars to help us move stuff we relocated everything to the barn. When it was all said and done we had plenty of room in the barn and had about 50 people show up. So all in all it was a long day but well worth it AND by the way the food was good!

Pray for Joseph and Ashton. They are both looking for jobs right now. Pray God will lead them to the perfect job that will meet their needs as they start school.

Well guess I'll get back to work and try to figure out why this day seems so odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment