Friday, May 29, 2009

He's not finished with me yet

I've had the song "Wait and See" by Brandon Heath on my mind all day. I couldn't remember all the words but the lyrics He's not finished with me yet keep going threw my mind. So I thought I'd search google to see what the remainder of the lyrics are and to see what God might be trying to tell me. Below is what I found. A lady by the name of Cindy posted this on her blog. Wondering does she read my mind or what??? Sounds like my life and the things I feel.

Here's a link to her blog.. http://cindysinspirationalmoments.blogspot.com/2009/05/hes-not-finished-with-me-yet.html

I too often worry about: accepting myself the way God does and trying not to be a perfectionist. I get so caught up in pleasing people and forgetting that the one that I need to worry about pleasing is the one who created me in the first place. When I look in the mirror, I don't see perfection. I see someone who is too lazy, lacks discipline, gets too upset with her kids, doesn't fit into her favorite jeans any longer, tries too hard to fit in, a sinner....just not perfect. The song "Wait and See" by Brandon Heath speaks in it's lyrics: "There is hope, for me yet, because God won't forget, all the plans he's made for me I have to wait and see, he's not finished with me yet, he's not finished with me yetStill wonderin' why I'm here. Still wrestling with my fearBut oh….He's up to something,And the farther out I go, I've seen enough to know that I'm not here for nothin'He's up to somethin'..."I think God is trying to show me that even though I continue to be a work in progress, He created me just the way He wanted me to be, with a purpose. He's still chipping away little by little to form me into a perfect diamond; clear, beautiful, full of luster. I know that I will never achieve perfection this side of heaven. Paul states very clearly in Romans chapter 7 how He continues to work on us and form us into the person He wants us to be: "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." Phil 1:6. He was also very aware of how much he WANTED to do and say and be all the right things, but in the flesh was so unable!! "We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am!" God's word has come alive to me more than ever before in my walk with Him. The awesome thing is that when we confess these things, our imperfections, our sins, all those things the enemy uses to drag us down, there is no longer any power behind those lies. Romans 8:1 goes on to say "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." I am able to leave all those things at the foot of His Cross and know that when I confess, and those things are brought out into the light, they evaporate and become powerless against me.I'm still working on me day by day. It's a long, arguous process, as I am sure many millions of people have dealt with; change takes time. I heard something kind of cool last night when I was at a church small group. When we are looking at our past, beating up ourselves on our past failures, we need to remember that God didn't say I WAS, He said I AM. When we are looking to the future, striving to change and hoping for the time when "X" will happen, we need to remember that God didn't say He WILL be, He said I AM. I want to rest in the lap of I AM, and know that He accepts me just the way I am right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment